1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Deleted topic, Revenge of the SuperBunny

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vulcan, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

I just deleted topic (new post) "Revenge of the SuperBunny" I clicked on it and then the link and it was a real vicious virus. One of those that tells you that you have been infected and it is now running a scan. If you don't immediately shut down your PC using the button then you are screwed, it is a real pain in the ass to recover and get rid of the infection. Fortunately I have been through this before and was able to act promptly and think I was able to shut down before it took hold.

However it makes me wonder if SuperBunny had anything to do with it. I know he left under less than good terms and may hold a grudge. If so I suspect he may try this again using a less obvious tactic. A word to the wise, be careful with links from now on. If you get a window telling you that AV8 or anything like that has found a problem, immediately push the shutdown button or just pull the plug because beleive me you don't want the hassle of getting rid of that nasty bug.

I don't know if SuperBunny had anything to do with it but it would be a great coincidence if he did not considering the title of the post. If it is indeed SuperBunny you should be ashamed of yourself and I know you will be reading this post. So please get over it, if you really want to sever all ties then do so including any harassment, if not then I apologize for my accusation and can vouch that many of us here at MG miss your presence. :|

2. kaos-

kaos- MG Donor

Re: Deleted topic, Revenge of the SuperBunny

Who was it that posted it?

3. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

Seeker Sheol I believe.

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Could you pm the link to me?

I would love to leech it, edit it, and use it.. it will make a great part of my so called "Collection" 8-)

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I don't think it's bunny, really.

And I never heard of a virus where u click a link and ur instantly screwed, maybe in the old days with IE6 ;)

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Sorry but I felt the best thing to do was to delete it. It is just to nasty and malicious.

I got it before, click on a page and a little window will pop up saying windows has found a virus and is looking for a solution and then wants to run some sort of scan. There is a short countdown timer of maybe 10 seconds, if you do nothing it starts to download something, if you click the little red X it starts immediately, there is no clicking out of it, any action to try to get out only buys it more time to dig itself deeper into your system. Your only hope is to hard shut down by any means possible before it takes root.

It all happened so fast and I was so shaken up I didn't notice who sent it.

7. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

I checked the moderators log in the admin control panel and it was Seeker Sheol as I remembered.