1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dead Island: 20 Minutes of Gameplay Footage [HD]

Discussion in 'Videos' started by PurplePuppet, May 30, 2011.

1. PurplePuppet

PurplePuppet Guest

2. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

This like a cheap rip off from l4d

except better graphics, more interations and this time you only get to play as ZOEY* and with no 3 other male bots to back you up..

this is like a prelude before zoey met the gang in l4d..

i hope to see a multiplayer mode feature.. that will be the decisive factor for me to buy this game or get it through other means* lol

3. LentoMan

LentoMan Member

There will be co-op (4-player if I remember right), game will focus on melee, although there will be guns and rifles also. Here is a video with commentary:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/to-kill-dead-island/714102

4. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I like the graphics and I want to see a multiplayer feature, but the way the player in the vid walks I dont think we'll be outrunning any zombie soon lol

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

The trailer was great but the gameplay looks a little mediocre to me :(

6. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Hahaha, why is she so slow?

I was waiting for a tank to come out chasing here.

She would not last 5 seconds trying to run from it.

7. Tyler

Tyler Member

I'm pretty sure it's the best trailer I've seen (don't flame me, haha) - but I thought it was pretty original and I liked the music, lol.

8. Nova

Nova Senior Member

I like the chick's voice. And I love her comebacks, she's so evil.

"GET OFF I KEEL U" haha.

It's different from l4d. I mean it's a horror movie in a game.

9. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

for me its the same.. l4d is actually created to provide movie like entertainment and the added bonus is that you get to play it.. if you want true horror, play dead space.. its freaking scary when your alone playing it ..

10. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

I like the idea how the game is done..

A large paradice island, what has small cities and all kind of places, such like mountains and desert.. and that, how the game is RPG like, so when first safehouse suddently gets over-run, you have to leave your mates (bots), and look for an alternative safehouse, hosted by other untrustworthy bots..

Graphics are awesome too, but the game itself is a poor rip-off from Left 4 Dead

i would love to see zombie apocalypse as MMORPG where you need to team up with untrustworthy random players that you meet in midle of desert, and that there's always chance that you get robbed by them and then killed..

11. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

i think we already have it.. i have people stealing my katana and grenade launcher.. and i don't trust some of my team mates as they leave me dead outside the saferoom especially the bots that leave me and goes to save another survior way infront of the map.. lol

12. Tyler

Tyler Member

It reminds me more of Dead Rising then L4D... and unlike another poster I hate the chick's voice and her little comments would get old REAL fast - same as that animation to pick stuff up off the ground - and the face movement of the NPCs, or lack there of is a little disappointing... I would expect some great realistic body/face movements from a new game which would add to the experience.

And Dead Space was a great game - I LOVED that you could blow off one limb at a time... that's what EVERY zombie game is missing...

13. Edward Marlus

Edward Marlus Senior Member

This was meant to be a real deal kinda thing. I certainly didn't expect it to be a first person shooter though. I wonder how far this one will go...Also...HAI LEETELL.

14. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

was trying to figure that one out.. then it came to me.. haha.. nice one ED.

15. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Its like a cross over of L4D, FarCry-1 and Mercenary's (hope fully with out the Pop-Ups lol), I think it will
    be a lot of fun hacking them arms, legs and heads plus I cant wait to get that truck to start running them
    down but I cant help thinking that if you did this you would end up with a lap full of blood and zombie body
    parts.

From what he said there will be a 4 player online coop with 4 character classes to use, im happy to see this
    is in 1st person as if it was 3rd person I would not buy it, IMO it would suc and fail, now if they would just
    add a small helicopter gun ship I would be in heaven :)

16. Yvan?vitch

Yvan?vitch Guest

17. Yvan?vitch

Yvan?vitch Guest

You can customize your weapons
    http://www.nofrag.com/2011/mai/25/37834/
    (sorry it's in french but you can use google translate)

18. Justme

Justme Member

I don't like it.

Graphics is nice but the animations seems off too me, i don't know it all seems very cheap tbh.