1. Click here to join our community discord server.

DayZ Standalone now available at steam

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stefeman, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

osnap

might have to get on this! :D

4. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Remember it is still on Alpha...

Like rocket said: "Please do not just buy the game because you heard it was cool."

I'll buy it eventually anyway :D

5. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Trueeee...Might wait for a sale unless it looks SUPER AMAZING, I've already got one hell of a steam backlog. (which I'm not getting through due to CS:GO and L4D2 >_>)

6. marvel

Bought it and played it for a while, but it's very, very early Alpha. Way more Alpha than the mod version. Nothing is polished at all. It is playable, but everything has been said with that.

There are however, a lot of servers already. I could see hundreds of servers with thousands of people already playing.

Another great thing is the models, survivors and zombies look like real humans now instead of the weird models they had in the mod version.

Further more, you can now enter almost any building and controls are better as well like you can now climb ladders with ease, jumping is just jump like in most games and the inventory system, although not polished at all is really improved.

7. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Got to agree with Jav here. I'll wait til late beta at least before I even think of getting this. Though I will be getting it ;)

8. Stefeman

My friend bought it, and i played it at him. Personally i loved it.

Sure there are bugs, but it's already awesome as it is now.

9. Stefeman

10. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

LOL, thats some loot you have there :D

11. joerve

joerve Senior Member

also bought it and played it, the scenery and the sky look really awesome. Furthermore there are a lot of gameplay options and items added, I think this game has huge potential.

12. ZombieGirl

ZombieGirl Senior Member

OMG finally!
    It looks pretty good from what i've seen and I'm surely gonna buy it as soon as my wallet agrees with that!

13. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

The answer is obvious, but I want it to be official... Will MG host a DayZ Standalone server?

14. joerve

joerve Senior Member

never mind, the dayz standalone is total bs.

They said they had created a serverside engine in which hackers couldnt spawn stuff but that seems
    to be bullshit

People are already reporting hackers. Dont waste your 30 bucks

15. Stefeman

The hacks were already out about 6 hours after the steam release.. (Aimbots, ESP, Teleports, Maphacks) however the scripts are not out yet due new engine/client so there wont be spawners and nukers and godmoders yet.

There are currently no anticheats enabled and rumor is that the future VAC integration is gonna suck so the hackers are already laughing in private forums.. Good game but bad start lol

It's gonna be hell as soon as you start to see scripters.. And one scriptmenu already works partially via commanding menu.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
    Proof: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1t5vp7/hacks_are_already_happening/

16. SweetNose

SweetNose Junior Member

I heard that this mode is awesome! But im scared to play it alone...haha

17. marvel

There already are spawners and nukers and god moders. Rocket promised us that everything would be server based like left4dead and no client scripting however it's exactly the same as the arma II mod for which we already payed € 30,-.

So basically we've payed € 23,- now for a crappy unpolished inventory system which any basic developer can probably make in less than a day and Chernarus 2.0 which may have taken them a couple of weeks of pure development time at most. If this is everything they did for the last 1.5 year I don't have my hopes up high, like the mod this will probably not leave alpha for the next 3 years. And do you really think this game is gonna have VAC? Riiiiiight.

This really is just another scam, the next big one since War Z. And the worst thing is that they already sold so many copies before people found out and it's probably impossible to get your money back because of this message:

Code:
    WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.
    Valve should remove early access games or at least put some more quality control on it and don't allow just about anything for any price. All they think about is money but they don't understand that this undermines the trust people have in Steam and it will only cost them money in the future.

They should AT LEAST give us the option for a refund. I'm gonna try it anyway btw to get a refund.

18. joerve

joerve Senior Member

edit: I just apllied for a refund.

Looks like they havent learned anything from the war Z

19. Stefeman

Joerve, i just half accidently figured a way to ruin the game permanently lol.

http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/8918 (closed area)

I wouldn't try this anymore though as added VAC, but it dosen't stop people from doing it with softwares.

20. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I have no admin rights to view this :p