1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

DayZ Standalone discussion

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by Stefeman, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

[video=youtube;xDqPu9t5B90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDqPu9t5B90&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    [video=youtube;fN5x1mq2geM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN5x1mq2geM&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    Code:
    Note: The version in the video is an early test build which basically contains a modified chernarus map. The engine can't support a lot of actions yet, so the city itself is empty, but if you move around to hills for example, you will start to see some "life". 
    Pros:
    - Brand new UI
    - New emotions
    - Ability to choose "home server" once from serverbrowser, and it stays in the memory
    - up to 256-players server(?) (not done yet obviously lol, but the value exists)
    - Testable
    - Console (lol..)

Cons:
    - Laggy once in a while. (Can turn unplayable too as seen in second video).
    - Not playable content as it is now
    - Scripts enabled...

2. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Stefeman, just to let you know. Marvel also tried starting it and his arma2 OA key got stolen...

3. Stefeman

Are you serious? =\

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

4. Sportivoman

Sportivoman Junior Member

Wow you're kidding me right ! Damn hacker scum !

5. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Yes his key got replaced by one that got global banned. They probably got his key now to sell to some hacker.. =/

6. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Well my key still works so so far so good :)

7. Stefeman

My key never was replaced.. you sure it's the same standalone? =o

8. Sportivoman

Sportivoman Junior Member

We need to implement laws like the do in Saudi Arabia to thieving scum, cut off one of there hands !

9. marvel

Well turns out my key was stolen and it was already used to cheat because it's globally banned. I'm not sure if it's from the same standalone because I tried a couple of others as well. My virus scanner warned for something though on this one as well, so watch out there's a lot of fakes out there.

I feel like a moron for having my key stolen, I was just too curious about the standalone. This won't happen to me again.

10. Hakim

Hakim Member

Hi marv, i saw you tot globally banned 2 dat. Die you try to install this game and then tour key tot stolen? Or was it kust bij watching the movies?

11. marvel

No it's safe to watch the movies. Just don't download anything. I tried a few and suddenly my key got replaced by a banned one and the registry permissions removed.

12. erik

erik MG Donor

Did you get your key or game back?

13. marvel

They don't do that you have to buy a new one. Official key is EUR 15 on the Bohemia website.