1. Click here to join our community discord server.

custom maps

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Crusader Legend, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Crusader Legend

Crusader Legend MG Donor

Well I was thinking that maybe MG could do something like a custom map of the week server or something like that and have a different custom map playing every week or something like that. I think it would be pretty cool

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Which map did you have in mind?

3. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

How about CrazyRabbit's Tank Arena?

4. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

+1 lol

I can make it survival like Helms Deep if that's all it needs in order to get played. I just need to lock all the buildables until the timer starts.

5. Crusader Legend

Crusader Legend MG Donor

well I was thinking like any custom map that people would like. Maybe we could do like a poll for what custom map people want.
    If your wondering what map I want it would have to be http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=6562

6. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

That'd be cool. Plus we can install the Versus Survival mutation (lol I spent so long on that Helms Deep versus survival simulation when Valve already had a Versus Survival feature). Vs. Surv on Tank Arena would be pretty awesome!

7. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

Or, how about any of the other custom maps at the bottom of CrazyRabbit's sig? They all look pretty good.

8. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

How about Warcalona? played it a few times and it looks pretty cool. In my view it'll be awesome for co-op and vs.

9. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

I actually agree with this idea. I don't think you need a Server for it? Maybe you could always get an Administrator to come on once a week & manually change the Map? Say.. Every Sunday? Or Saturday? Maybe Friday?

10. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

Manually changing the map would probably kick a lot of people off the server if they don't have the map installed. Even if there was a heads up changing the map like that would also still kick people even if they had the map installed. I blame Steam.

11. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

12. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

@|MG| Saint Jimmy: That is a logical statement.