1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Custom Maps COOP Points Reloaded PAAAAAARRRRRRTTTYYYY!!!

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by cooleststorybrah, May 19, 2011.

1. cooleststorybrah

cooleststorybrah Junior Member

Any chance that we can get a series of custom maps loaded onto one of the servers and have a night of running through them? The problem with a dedicated custom map server is that usually people don't have the maps and will not bother downloading them to get in when they can just join another game.

I figure that if the maps are announced a few days ahead of time, then everyone can get prepared and we can try out some of the community maps. Plus Points Reloaded would be fun because we all like using our survivor skills, upgrades, and buffs.

It could be a lot of fun. What does everyone think?:nod:

2. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

it was announce yesterday, so players should have heard it and downloaded it by now.

i think its just a trial to see if people is interested, thats y its on another server. but if we put it up on our regular server, not all players may have it, so they cannot play and i may see the game just crash due to the complication.

just look at coldstream, many are not interested in it.. lol. so i think marvel just giving all players some fresh appeal and giving it a trial run.

i played and was impressed by it, but not many players though..

3. Kitties

Kitties Head Administrator

I've had a chance to play on the PR Custom campaigns VS server, and i must say, it was quite refreshing to play campaigns other than the same rotation of "No Mercy, Dead Center, etc etc etc...", (which is also why i'm glad for the release of the L4d1 campaigns, but that's a different topic). There are some custom campaigns that i've played that are on par with or better than the stock L4d2 maps (I hate mountains, Death aboard, to name a couple), and being able to play some of these maps with the PR mod installed was...well...a pleasant change. If we could get the word out to people about a custom map coop event and let people know the rotation ahead of time, and ensure that everyone gets the most recent stable release before the event, I feel like a lot of fun could be had.

4. ocp

ocp Junior Member

What was announced and where can I d/l?

5. Kitties

Kitties Head Administrator

6. cooleststorybrah

cooleststorybrah Junior Member

LOL you guys made a server for it right before I posted. I still think that we should get an event going to play on there though. I had a lot of fun yesterday, but it was only with 2 other people and a ton of bots.

High fives all around.