1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Custom map for Tank Events?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by CrazyRabbit, Jun 21, 2012.

1. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Very cool! I'll check it out once I come back from college for the weekend. I think you guys should use PR 1.2 for this event since the 1.3 version has a builder class that might hinder the map's building functions.

2. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

I forgot to add instructions for research and build functions for those that have never played that mode before.

Researching: The research tables are where you have to "use" the timed buttons to unlock items (default: E). Point at the green items with padlocks and hold "E" until the time is up. There will be a sound when it's has been unlocked and the next item in the tree will become green signifying you can now unlock it. NOTE: You can't unlock items until the item before it has been unlocked.

If you release the button, it will reset. Once the item turns to Black, you need to hold "use key" over the item again to "Equip" the item which is only 5 seconds. Each table has it's own research tech tree, so if you unlock something on one it will still have to be unlocked on the other.

Building Fortifications: You must look at the yellow/black squares on the ground or atleast in their general view (these are the buttons), not the outline of the items. Looking at the outlined items won't enable you to build that item, it just gives you an idea of what will be built.

Commons/Tanks: They will sometimes get stuck inside an item if you finish building the item when they cross it's path. Commons will normally just flap around until they die. Tanks will get unstuck after a small time limit, so don't think you can get a Para or Knight tank caught inside a fence, because they will be shifted to the side after 5-10 seconds, same goes for survivors that get stuck.

3. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Next version will include a slow motion feature and the build items will have their correct build times. Map works great with PR 1.2 so we'll do an awesome event soon. I need to do some tweaks based on what I learnt from the testing and then you guys will be able to have some crazy fun!