1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Custom Campaigns

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HonorCode, Jan 22, 2013.

1. To round off the discussion

After you finish a campaign and want to keep playing on us coop,
    you can do two things;

1) exit l4d2 and restart again
    2) connect to single player with the current running campaign and disconnect

check the map in the server list

Warcelona: srocchurch
    Detour Ahead: cdta_01detour
    Dead Before Dawn: l4d_dbd2dc_anna_is_gone
    Blood Proof: cbm1_lake
    Dark Blood 2: l4d2_darkblood01_tanker
    Death Woods: l4d2_deathwoods01_stranded
    Downtown Dine: l4d2_downtowndine01
    Urban Flight: uf1_boulevard

After this connect to us coop again

--------------------------------------

just tried option 2 again and it didnt work, finished the warcelona campaign
    after that detour ahead loaded, tried single player with detour, crash to desktop.
    so stick with option 1

2. e36

e36 MG Donor

I like to add to this subject

Here is some problem I encountered and what work for me.
    (I'm assuming you have done the normal stuff already)

Instillation problem:

1. I try to subscribe to All game/files and ran into a lot of problems. L4d2 keep on crashing while creating VPK files.

My Solutions:

a. Check the box for subscription one file one at a time. Make sure to wait until the file has created and added to you addons menu before going on to the next file.

b. Try, try and it won't work! I want to http://www.l4dmaps.com and download the file. After you downloaded the file you need rename it. Go the Steam directory were l4d2 is. Then go to the directory workshop, located in addons. Look at the picture (Jpg) that correspond to the missing file. Then rename you download to that file, but with don't change the VPX extension.

2. Have problem logging on to server? get kick out before the game fully loads?

My Solutions

a. delete mdmp extension file in the L4d2 directory

3. It you loss and can ind your Add-ons menu in L4D2

A possible solution that was given to me by Burial_Ground and Koolaid was a tread saying that it could be a add-on plug-in problems. Just sample turn off your add-ons one at a time until you find the add-ons that is causing the problem. For me it was server browser add-on. The newer version of this server browser is not give me problem.

I hope this is useful

good luck :)

3. erik

erik MG Donor

Slightly off-topic, but SW, have you tried the serverbrowser.vpk one that puts a FOLDER in addons? Within the folder is the actual serverbrowser itself. It still works for me. Here's a link from my mediafire account.

Again put the ENTIRE FOLDER in addons.

See if it works! :-)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?777sky1rma67lj9

4. erik

erik MG Donor

They're GREAT! My favorite thing since Vets came back to COOP.

5. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

The fact I am having so many problems getting these to load has put me off playing.

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Sorry to hear that CR. But, honestly, it's your loss. We have a LOT of fun there. Give it anohter chance.

7. cry

cry MG Donor

I'm getting the: "Maps_LoadModelGuts, map with no texinfo" error when I try to join the server. I have retried 5 times, restarted steam, tried manual install of the VPK files, but it wouldn't help me out. wat do?

8. erik

erik MG Donor

You must remove any/all conflicting VPK's.

In Addons/Workshop, make sure that AFTER UNSUBSCRIBING TO THE ONES THAT WON'T LOAD, you purge any extras from here.

Re-subscribe.

You may get the "guts" message once or twice but the 5x thing is too much.