1. Click here to join our community discord server.

CRITICAL - Can't connect to any PR server!

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Doctor Jones, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones MG Donor

Hello,

since yesterday I'm unable to join any Points Reloaded Server. The loading screen gets stuck at 90% and the game won't finish loading.

I tried deactivating all mods and verifying the game integrity via steam library, as well as changing graphic settings and some other tips i found on the internet. Without any success.

Strangely I can join any other server (vanilla, HI and ZG), and joining a pr-server with an alternate account from the same computer with the same installation of the game works too. So I think it has to do with my steam account in particular and only Points Reloaded servers are affected.

Maybe there have been some server changes which are blocking my connection now. In the past marvel helped me to fix my ping issue by small server adjustments.

This is my Steam Account:
    STEAM_0:1:45546834

After entering the console while being stuck in the loading screen i was able to see the console messages for players who paused and unpaused the game.

Here's the console log after being stuck in the loading screen while trying to join PR-VS:

Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (spit_scaling_min_scale)
    Game supporting (2) split screen players
    maxplayers set to 18
    UpdateSystemLevel: ConVar mat_queue_mode controlled by gpu_level/cpu_level must not be marked

as FCVAR_ARCHIVE or FCVAR_CHEAT!
    Couldn't find custom font file 'resource/marlett.ttf'
    Steam config directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead

2\left4dead2.exe\platform\config
    UpdateSystemLevel: ConVar mat_queue_mode controlled by gpu_level/cpu_level must not be marked

Duplicate sequence 3 in sheet file
    Error! Variable "$blendframes" is multiply defined in material

"particle/smoke1/smoke1_add_nearcull"!
    Unknown command "chet_debug_idle"
    Unknown command "P]"
    Can't use cheat cvar nav_show_area_info in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to

Can't use cheat cvar rr_thenany_score_slop in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set

to 1.

CAsyncWavDataCache: 0 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

CAsyncWavDataCache: 0 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

NET_GetBindAddresses found 192.168.2.100: 'Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V'
    Opened Steam Socket NS_SERVER ( virtual port 27015 ) : listen socket handle( 65539 )
    Opened Steam Socket NS_CLIENT ( virtual port 27005 ) : listen socket handle( 4 )
    Network: IP 192.168.2.100, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
    BinkOpen( c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media

\l4d2_background04.bik )
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_start in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_end in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_color in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_colorskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_color in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_colorskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_startskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_endskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    CAsyncWavDataCache: 1 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

] connect 104.37.245.46:27016
    Connecting to public(104.37.245.46:27016)
    Sending UDP connect to public IP 104.37.245.46:27016
    Server using '<none>' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0
    RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address 104.37.245.46:27016
    CSteam3Client::InitiateConnection: 104.37.245.46:27016
    Connected to 104.37.245.46:27016

Left 4 Dead 2
    Map: c7m1_docks
    Players: 1 (0 bots) / 20 humans
    Build: 5842
    Server Number: 19

CAsyncWavDataCache: 2 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

ConVarRef zcs_version doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    SetConVar: No such cvar ( zcs_version set to 0.9.0), skipping
    ConVarRef l4d_votemanager2 doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    SetConVar: No such cvar ( l4d_votemanager2 set to 1.5.6), skipping
    No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0

Redownloading all lightmaps
    File 'downloads/8d65f339.dat' requested from 104.37.245.46:27016.

Here is a Screenshot of that log:
    http://oi59.tinypic.com/301lysx.jpg

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Joining ASIA VS works fine, the EU and US PR servers are the only ones affected.

2. erik

erik MG Donor

Temporarily copied (not transferred) stats to another ID so Jones can play PR. It is definitely something w/ this account (Blazko EOP.)

Stefe gave some directions about how to get some debug info, and that may be what's above.

The "can't chat in game" and "can't use certain commands" issue is something that Fnord encountered, and we fixed a couple threads ago. Instead of having you dig around and look it up, I'll ask Fnord to tell us what worked for him. If memory serves, he had to go into l4d2/cfg and delete the keybindings then do them again. This includes going into game options and "resetting all keyboard functions to default**."

Again, I'll ask Fnord to look at this to fix that part. Hopefully HC or Stefe or the Marvel will see this, cuz we tried every solution in the book yesterday!

3. tank

tank MG Donor

I got same problem yesterday as you. Idk if we had a same problem but I manage to connect after several time.I played one round after round finish got stucked again game load 50% then stopped. I needed restart game again and rejoin. I put game in windowed mod and put internet security in game mod enable and it worked. Seams was some firewall problem.

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Can someone who can reproduce this issue add me on Steam so I can try some things?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994619757/

It's probably firewall related so I need to fine tune some settings. I already changed some stuff so do try again now.

Anyway add me and we can try some stuff if it's still an issue. I'm gone within one hour though and don't have much time this weekend.

5. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I would try:
    1. Copy config.cfg file to a diff folder (for a backup)
    2. open original config.cfg and del all the contents
    3. Save file and open steam and then l4d2
    4. See if you can join. If you can then the config file will need to be re-configured.

Lets see how that goes!

6. Surfer on Acid

Surfer on Acid Junior Member

7. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

8. marvel

9. Surfer on Acid

Surfer on Acid Junior Member

yeah, I just restarted the computer and it works, sorry lol

10. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Why are you getting these with Addons disabled? :P

Red = ???

11. Stefeman

Couple of things to try:

Use only 1 monitor when you game.
    set paged pool memory to low/high in video settings (try both).
    use -steam as one of the launch options after -console such as "-console -steam" etc..
    type in console: snd_rebuildaudiocache (It will load forever and forever, just bring up console and close it when it says "DONE" at the end)

Or.. Just manually delete everything L4D2 related files, and then removing it from steam, and double checking your "Personal Subscribed Items" at steam workshop and making sure none of them is L4D2 related, before you attempt to re-install the game. (otherwise it just re-downloads the addons again).

I find it very wierd that you can use the server fine with another steam account and not with another. If you are subscribed to some addons with other account and none with another, it might explain the situation.

12. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones MG Donor

Still not working. I added you on steam.

It didn't work. Can't join with my primary account and the problem erik described (unable to use chat) persists on my second account.

13. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones MG Donor

That did it. rebuildaudiocache and switching paged pool memory to low and then back to high. Thanks a lot!

14. Stefeman

It basically means your L4D2 installation is a mess.. I would recommend full re-install, but then again.. Don't fix what's not broken.. If it works for you, why risk it again :P

15. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones MG Donor

It didn't seem reasonable to me to re-install the game since it was running perfectly fine on every other server as well with my 2nd account. But in case a similar problem occurs in the future I would def try that first. Thank you all for your efforts again!

16. erik

erik MG Donor

YAY! NICE JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!

I was really trying my best, but I"m so glad this got solved.

Great, now we have die by his bitchslaps every map. NVM bring it, I'm gonna be ready this time. Nabes come at me

17. marvel

Nice Job Stef :) Glad this is solved.