1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Creating a New Guild, Yey or Ney?

Discussion in 'Clan Introduction & Recruitment' started by szSteam_76561198058809778, Jan 26, 2013.

1. I'm not going to sugar coat it, im not exactly a veteran on MG servers but i've played enough to know how being in a guild can give players an advantage. So all in all i've been thinking about creating a new one for new players on MG servers, unlike the guilds who accept only lvl's 50 or 100 and up.

That's all really, just looking for thoughts and maybe some names and how id go about recruiting and building the guild up into something on the same level as other guilds.

Many thanks
    Dec.

2. TJ

TJ MG Donor

In all honesty, I wouldn't bother. Unless you received the guildstone from one of the quests, you'd have to purchase one from the MG store. At this point, guilds have been around for over a year and still no guild wars; therefore the point of guilds seems to be just the buffs. Imo, I don't think it's worth the $5 for buffs you could get from joining anyone else's guild. As for your remark about adding new members, believe it or not, if you go through the recruitment threads there are several guilds that have no level requirements and a lot of those guilds are actually already maxed; if I'm a newbie and I have an option between your guild and a maxed guild, it wouldn't make sense to join yours. Also, the downside of adding only new players is that 1) they don't play on the MG servers as much as the vets because its a lot harder for them and 2) they don't go on the forum much (if at all) so the chances of them seeing your recruitment thread is very small. Also, to even get it to the level of other maxed guilds (lvl 20) will either take a lot of time or a lot of money (for boosters). If you go through the guild rankings list on !gp, you'll notice there are many many many guilds that are still between lvl 1 and 10 and a good amount of them have actually been around for a very long time but due to inactivity and players w/o boosters they can't level up.

I don't want to turn you away from making a guild, I just want you to consider these things before you spend the time (and money) to do so. If you do decide to make one though, just think of a cool name and a nice tag (mine was Gang of Devils and G?D) and you can actually make a recruitment thread here: http://mgftw.com/forumdisplay.php/200-Guild-Introduction-amp-Recruitment . You're more likely to find most new players on coop or empty vs servers but I don't suggest going after anyone under level 10 because most of them have no idea about the workings of this server nor do they even have things like a knife to even benefit them from having any guild buffs.

Good Luck

EDIT: BTW There was a thread already written to this topic as well: http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/6562-Createing-a-guild-and-have-questions

3. yeah i see your point, it would be awesome to try and kickstart a guild war, maybe organise a championship styled league with prizes? Then there would be a point to starting a guild etc. Thanks for the feedback anyway just a thought.

4. TJ

TJ MG Donor

Yea, it would be great.. after 14 months of waiting for guild wars I gave up and quit l4d lol :P

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Don't listen to him, he's just being sarcastic.

It's a great idea; you can define what you want your guild to be about. You can come up w/ cool images and stuff to have a theme. (Umbrella Corp, RAGE, etc.)...

It's also pretty exciting to level up a guild or lead one.

You inadvertently become a master of the PR system by doing so.

6. Yeah it does sound exciting, but finding new members who are willing to join a new guild rather than a guild with all the benefits would be hard to find..

i already have the guild stone, so i may aswell make a guild for the experience.

Any name ideas?

Dec.

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Jesusss christ....

zomg.

just zomg.

8. exactly, getting a league going would give being in a guild more purpose rather than being in a guild just for the benifits..

How about the GummyBears?

9. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

Bus wankers

10. Its got a ring to it, got a jingle to go with the name?

11. erik

erik MG Donor

For literally 20 minutes, yesterday, I made my own guild for new players (who wouldn't have to deal with these elitist guilds and their level requirements.)

Anyways, I liked our name. "THIS GUILD SUCKS"

12. smart move, simple with a mindfuck in there, i like it.

i'll probably make a guild tonight if i come up with a name..