1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Client Timed Out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooChoo, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

So, this is interesting.

I joined the HI server and after maybe a minute, I get booted out of game with a "Client Timed Out" error. Tried to reconnect but I get the same thing. Checked out the other servers and didn't get anything issues. Just HI. o:

Anyone else encounter this?

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Not myself but I see more people getting booted from HI, one moment it's on 20/28, the other on 8/28. If more people have this please tell.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

This happens on PR also. It's not common, though. I'd say once a week or so. Not sure if it's related, but high ping servers seem to be where it happens.

4. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

HI all Same Problem for me many Times and the only Thing i can do after that is Restart my Steam then i can join again

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I've made some network related changes, you should try again.

6. xx_leonidas_xx

xx_leonidas_xx Junior Member

Hello, im new here (forum, i have 2 years on PR coop ), this happens in other games too (hl2,tf2,csgo), i was have this problem with no reason and make me angry because just 15 mins with online and i get that.

A temportal solution is deleting the clientregistry.blob on steam folder, sadly that dont help aswell,, i tryed all, i searched more hours on google than hours on l4d2 that i haved played, and i find not an explanation of the cause of this.
    So a day i just gave format to my hard disk because some problems. i installed all again and the problem stills on the game but with a change, theres not a clientregistry.blob to delete, and i just waited like 10 mins and i rejoin, i dont get other client timed out after 5 days, so, this is already my status now.

Sometimes i get it and sometimes not, i lose a lot of shamans for this.

For me this is some like solved, but if someone can tell me, what causes this, or if this have a permanent solution, please tell me, so the people will solve this cancer too

7. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

I think I resolved the problems. I think my firewall was being pissy because I had re-installed it and didn't give L4D2 certain permissions.