1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Christmas / End of the year Events!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracer

Tracer MG Donor

The ticket system for HD is fine. I think a lot of us still have tickets to burn up. The rewards for the shammy tank are way too high as well. Many people received 500+ gems, 30-50+ enhancement stones, and ridiculous amounts of points and xp. It took 2 days to get what took most people 6-9 months of regular play to even come close, and that's not even counting those guys who leveled up 40-50 levels. It really devalues the time and effort spent by most of the regular players and donors, when you can spend a weekend playing helms deep and accomplish the same thing that took most people several months of regular gameplay. The damage is already done, but at least don't make it worse, you should downgrade the rewards on HD, its way way way overpowered.

I think the 20 second kick thing is good too, lets other people play and get a shot. Or maybe every other round, in case of a wipe the first time. I will say, I expect many people will not start HD unless the appropriate level people are in the server. Most people don't feel like powerleveling up lowbies for massive rewards, when they really contribute very little on a high level HD server. The chances of a wipe are much much greater when you have a bunch of newer players on the server, so if it may waste their ticket, they're probably justified in not starting the event it if their chances of getting wiped go from 15% up to 40% because of 3 or 4 low-level players on the server.

2. yohhimura

yohhimura Junior Member

i now this is off the topic in the topic but is there a way to transfer unused tickets? cause a friend of mine would like to transfer them because he cannot play in this weekend

3. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Don't think so but don't worry, many people will have the tickets to use unless they pretend they don't and wait for others to use theirs

4. Striker

Striker MG Donor

Hmmm I just played coop for about 2 and a half hours (server was full so everything was on) and never saw 1 HD ticket...

How hard is it gonna be to get one of those?

5. Afroassassainx

Afroassassainx Junior Member

i think that the shaman reward should be based on level, since lvl 200s need like millions of exp, we should get more exp than that of someone under 200.

6. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

lol then a lvl 100 would say that i need billion of xp to reach lvl 210 so give low lvl more rewards and lvl 200 need some millions xp so give them low rewards :P

7. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

Im sorrie guys but i so call remember a helms deep with tickets!! and no shaman!! back then and everyone was still happy. Quit complaining about shaman spawn and quit complaining about tickets cause we used tickets back then and there was no shaman untill later (Which we all couldnt kill back then). Yet we was all still happy in getting the rewards of wat an enhancement stone at the end? Quit complaining about oh we want a shaman or u should nerf shaman, if it spawns it spawns if it doesnt it doesnt to bad deal with it move on its life. There was no shaman back then to help us lvl on helms deep and it was still fine be happy with wat u get now

8. enjoie70

enjoie70 Junior Member

Tickets are fine. Kicks after wins are fine too. There were guys on the server for 10+ hours each day last event and tracer is right, it devalues the effort that all the regs put in over a time span of months.

I do not want to see these low levels powerleveling and I also will not use a ticket if there's too many of them on. They want everything handed to them and are basically leeches when it comes down to it. Level up yourself noobs(like everyone else did) and stop relying on charity and high levels to pump you up.

9. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

there was no lvl 210 back then .....and remember there are soo many players without boosters and the players who buyed 5x-10x boosters they reach lvl 210 in no time so why shout loud(lvl 210 players) when players without boosters or low lvls get reward like this after some months to lvl up a little ?? and also remember event like this does not happens every day or even months.Now the ticket system ,it should be fine, spawn rate of shaman should also be increaced like 1 per round.More lvl 100 + players in vs = more fun ,who wanna play with under 80 lvl players in one team and other with two 210 lvl with max stick goo or even 75 % is also enough to rape them every round? and also more players near lvl 200= more store purchase..

10. Method [

Method [ Guest

Disable Shaman tank and add Knight tank or Supreme shaman tank and remove tickets system...

11. [QUOTE='Method [

12. zipper17

zipper17 Senior Member

u guys take this to seriously,

i think no need to change anything,,

just bring back HD like last week before,,

cmon its only event once a year,,even next year probably no more event like this,,

everbody need fun & need freedom once,,,!

if MG think its to farming a lot, just reduce the day of event,,like 2-3 days,,

me self, already max everything,,no need gems, exp, pts, stone, etc..
    for the first time i played HD last week,,
    i play 6 hours straight, just for pure fun,,!

13. Striker

Striker MG Donor

I'm with Method on this. Like I said before I played coop for 2 and a half hours and got no ticket while someone in there claimed to get 6... The ticket system will just make HD something that makes people feel robbed.

Disabling shamans and adding Knight tanks will pretty much solve this problem since knight tanks will take a hell of a long time to kill and it won't be easy at all, so failures will happen much more often and farming will be much less of a problem.

I'm also pissed I can't seem to get a ticket :P

14. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I appreciate your concerns and input on HD guys, but there's simply no time anymore to change it before Christmas. So we will run it now as intended (I heard some people having 26 tickets so I don't think tickets will be an issue anyway).

Later we will fix everything and give low players more of a chance as well :)

15. Cunner

Cunner MG Donor

have like 6 HD servers, ha ha ha, people farm anyway, don't cry about I only play 1 level and then other poeple can play, u know how selfish that sounds. your gonna get your 30 gems and crazy points for playing 1 round, most likely. play again in half in hour. this is a better way, then people like u play HD 10hrs straight so a normal player can't play at all! HD events are for everyone, not to satisfy you. let everyone play, and get a chance to play.

16. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

There was no 3x 4x 5x and 10x eaither. soooo... yeah. Its just the fact ppl is complaining just quit and play

17. AirBorn

AirBorn Guest

So, where is the other map that was suppose to be up? Questionable Ethics.

18. .As i had said previously that HD Servers will be empty cause of Ticket system, it was Right. and when i played now on HD LA, the skill "CRAWLING" is Disabled, and even Buy Menu is disabled. i played for almost 3 hrs waiting for shaman so i could get some gems, not even a single shaman spawned. Ticket system + nocrawling + no buy menu = WASTE OF TIME. No players are joining HD and its a Shock for me because last week i had to wait like 40-50 mins to get a Slot in HD!!!. Now you can think abt the prediction i already had given Tech team of MGFTW :p. and if ur Thinking that by enabling ticket system ur other coop and vs servers will become full then YOU ARE WRONG, Those servers are also empty!!!. imagine, will people play on coop? or will people play on HD?, and no shaman and no buymenu and no crawling, theres no more fun on HD servers anymore. Take my advice, shutdown HD Servers. i thought in this new HD server, there would be Knight tanks when server is full of high lvl players,and there will be 1 shaman in every round. instead, u guys disabled imp skills. in the special day of xmas, we all were expecting something special. now only thing left to do is when VS server has enough players, ill be back with spitter and boomer, same old life!!! bore.......... Yesterday also we were playin like 2 n half hrs and NO SHAMAN. and then COCAINE Joined server and spawned 4 Shaman tanks in 4 rounds, Guess What, server was full with 170+ lvls, and not even a Single shaman was Killed, instead, we all were dead when shaman had like 50k hp. then cocaine left after 4 rounds and we played for more then 3 more hrs, and NO SHAMAN SPAWNED, Instead, we all were DEAD By PARA Tanks, and there was no more defibs left!!!. so as a result, all servers are empty now. even if some players are playing now, they are all dying due to para tanks. thaks for making this special day a boring day. im sorry if i said anything wrong.

-KnifE KinG~*

19. 14 years back there also was no Mobile phone either. soooo... why are you keeping Mobile phone with you everytime? why dont you just stop using Mobile phones and use the old fashioned Post Office for letters!!!. Times change, expectations change, humans change.

20. ?

? Guest

*sigh*.. I can't wait for HD to shut down due to the amount of people making a fuss about it. Nadeem, crawl does work on both EU and LA HD but there are two LA HD servers and i think crawl doesn't work on one of them. So your saying that the buy system should be back with a shaman spawning in every round :wacko2: When the buy system was enabled before, the shaman did not spawn in every round and yet people still managed to farm the crap out of it so just imagine how many more times more they will get with your idea.

To back Atreyu's post, even i levelled up to 200 with a 2x booster when there weren't any 3x,5x, or 10x booster and it took me many many months to get to level 200 so it feels kinda shit knowing people like me spent a lot of their time levelling up whereas now people make it look effortless to level up and get the amount of gems and ES needed. Your example of mobile phones is completely different from this mod because mobile phones affected millions whereas this HD event only matters to a number of people who would prefer to spend very little time playing and getting the same end result as other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.