1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Christmas / End of the year Events!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

It's Chrismas next sunday, so it's time for some events to get you through the cold last days of December :)

Helms Deep

First of all, we're gonna try a new version of Helms Deep next weekend. However, there have been a couple of changes to Helms Deep compared to how we ran it last weekend.

Here are the changes:
    • A Ticket will be required to start the map.

You can get these tickets by playing regular versus or coop. They will randomly drop on all existing servers. One ticket from one player is required to play the map one time.
    • When people win, they will be kicked from the server within 20 seconds, This should give new players a chance to play.

Questionable Ethics

We will rotate the map Questionable Ehtics (http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=9773) on COOP. More details soon.

Left 4 Dead 1 tribute.

We will dedicate one USA server to run only L4D1 campaigns. Which campaign(s)? That's on you, please leave your vote in this topic!

http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/6135-Coming-event-this-weekend-one-campagne-only-map-rotation.

More details very soon!

2. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

Awesome Marvel!!

3. Ping

Ping Guest

What is the chance we will get a ticket and how will they drop..? Like a toaster? Meaning infected can't pick them up unless they have a guild buff or what..?

4. Tsunami

Tsunami Senior Member

I can finally use those 3 tickets I won couple of months ago.

5. Method [

Method [ Guest

How % chance to pick up ticket and how much tickets i can collect?

P.S. I think tickets it's bad idea because when HD is on all coop servers are empty so u can add HD instead of usual coop servers in Christmas weekend.

6. Is a TV like the items for quest , i saw like 10 in dark carnival final.

7. Ticket idea will make HD an Empty server & xmas fun will be nomore!!!

The ticket thing dosnt seem to be attractive to me. its gona be new year soon, and in the chilling cold days of xmas i want to play in helms deep so that i can lvl up and also earn some enchancement stones etc. just by playing in 1 round dosnt seem to satisfy the game exp and fun. i remember last week in hd many people enjoyed the hell out of mgftw. i feel helms deep is the best server available in mgftw. i wish it was a permanent server. i understand u are thinking that every player should get a chance to play, then why dont you backup the data of all EU,LA and upload helms deep on all the servers!!!. this way we can have 6 servers of helms deep running for 2 days. and also it will make all the servers full i guarantee. and in the configurations, increase the points & ench stones recieved when we kill shaman. 10% shaman spawn rate. and knight tank auto spawns when min 12 players of minimum 165 lvl+ join and play on the server. helms deep is really needed, and with 1 round its really no fun. im lvl 172 and i dont have exp booster, and 1 zombie gives 5exp, and i gotta need like 280k approx, so do u really think is it fun to play for 15days for a lvl up? or is it mindfreak? pls look into my points.

thanks,
    KnifE KinG~*

8. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

Lol nadeem thats wat boosters are for. To make u lvl up faster not helms deep.

9. im speaking abt helms deep, not boosters. & not everyone can pay for boosters, so the people who cant pay (ARE MANY) need the lucky day of helms deep server where the configs that i said should make them feel lucky. newyear & xmas dosnt come everyday, so people who are gona stay in front of their pc's in these special days also need special helms deep servers. sop they get a chance of lvl up, upgrades etc. tell me, why are most of the servers empty? because its harder for new low lvl players to lvl up faster because 40% of people who kill them are high lvl players, so low lvls dont have a choice but to die. same goes for coop, lvl up is slow. so helms deep should balance the demands. demand is more and supply is less, but in ur ticket idea = demand is more and supply is rare!!!

10. Ping

Ping Guest

Nadeem makes an excellent point, even if it is hard to read. :D

11. Method [

Method [ Guest

Btw i want to help other low lvl players collect more exp etc with my charity skill 100% but tickets system make this impossible.

12. HD is a nice map , rewards are too much , maybe HD whit lower rewards like 1 ES for shaman tank and only 2k points and 5 gems and few % for spawn , whit that can be possible HD forever , before this , get gems and ES were hard to get ,in that weekend i got more ES and gems than in my 125 lvls. More HD servers whit more rewards could be worse , what do u want , a server whit all lvl 200? , in 1 week most of ppl will be 165+ whit a lot of gems and ES.

Tickets in part are bad , because who have the ticket will decide if it starts or not , and i dont think someone will want to play whit under 100.

13. AirBorn

AirBorn Guest

I agree. I mean I wont start with my tickets that I have 3 of with lower levels. Cause I would like to win. They would be a downfall in that current round.

Questionable Ethics... Luls gonna be a weird/fun map to play. Only saw 5 mins of that youtube video showing the map. Fun already with lots of people playing then just 4.

14. Striker

Striker MG Donor

One thing I don't get....

Say I have a ticket, I go into HD only to find the players already charging down into the yard, we all charge, we kill the last 1 or 2 tanks, BAM! it's over and I get kicked out? After 5 minutes of play? I have no idea how this ticket thing works....

15. AirBorn

AirBorn Guest

Your ticket wont be used automatically. You have to manually use it if you want to use it. in the !inv

I also do/do not like this kicking idea. Yea ok I get it other people want to play too. (Make more servers for that) I like it because people with 2x+ toasters will not have them anymore at the end of the round. Also the +5 exp and 1 point every 4-5 secs either.

Shaman Tank should be decreased to what I said in my Suggestion Thread honestly. Only in the HD server though not the other servers. Without a ticket system. With the Ticket System I think the Shaman tank should be increased in spawn almost every round just because people use there ticket to pretty much want to fight a Shaman.

16. Ping

Ping Guest

This ticket system is honestly quite bad....

Justs nerf the Shaman tank.

75% chance of spawning. The rewards would be 2k points, 20k exp, 25% chance of dropping 1 ES and 5 gems.

owtte...

17. tank

tank MG Donor

Christmas / End of the year Events!! HD ,tickets, lvl fast

Remeber before we played HD and we fight on coop for tickets.thats the life.ticket system was before to, so don't complain to much guys. you can win tickets easy. If you wanna lvl up guys, you should play :D much, was playing only PointsR.VS EU and LA til i got lvl100. Started play coop after lvl 100 lol. So i think you can do it to.Play,upgrade your skills and points will come.peace and mary christmas all :)

18. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

The drop rate in eu coop.was good alot of players all git at least one in the time i played.

19. luizlf

luizlf Junior Member

Sugestion, if possible.

Enable Helm Deeps, on "S

20. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.