1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Checking out what you rank is on the server by typing !rank

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Selfishflipper7, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Selfishflipper7

Selfishflipper7 Junior Member

I was wondering if you could add the ability to check what rank you are in the server by typing !rank. it could tell you what position you are in based on how many special infected you kill or common infected, and take points away for killing team mates and team shooting.

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

What do you mean with rank?

- We already have HLstats which tells all those kills and deaths for each VI, L4D1 and/or PR servers.
    - We got reputation in PR servers which tells your overall rep.
    - We got !top10 in PR servers which ranks players according their level.

Which one would you want to see in game as a !rank and in what server?

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

If you are talking about Vicious infected server, i assume that you would mean framework of HLstats available for in game?

4. erik

erik MG Donor

!top10 is total bullshit

5. Selfishflipper7

No i mean it tells you what rank you are out of how many people have played on the server. not just the top ten.

6. Spring

Spring MG Donor

I think flipper's idea is to have !rank showing "You are Rank 100 out of 500 players" for example in-game. It could give players some self-satisfaction and save them some hassle from opening hlstats then searching for your name. Also, the !top10 is really limited.

7. Selfishflipper7

Yeah that's what i'm talking about. I think it would be cool to have something like this.

8. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

It's possible but it would require the hlstatsx sourcemod plugin. Which in the past caused server crashes.

I'll try and add it, maybe they solved the problems right now since it's years ago I gave it a shot.

I'll add it to VI.

9. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Alright it's added but keep an eye on crashes. If it starts crashing like there's no tomorrow it needs to be removed again.

10. Selfishflipper7

Thanks, that's awesome