1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Chat problem, Can't open Doors, Always spawn in the floor

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Waffles 【 ღ Lα 】, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Hi, ever since... I think when ASIA servers were down for good, I started joining the US servers. For the first 10 seconds of the map, my chat works fine. (This only happens when I first launch the game and join the server). After that 10 seconds of freedom, my chat messages don't send, I can't use any command ex. /buy /laseron /afk /js /join, hell, just put all of them on there. I can't even open doors. This bug has been active till the present time. It pisses me off since it ruins the fun in the game, I used to play a lot on your coop/vs servers, you can even ask my clanmates. They'll all say that I was really active. So for the love of god, please fix this damn problem. I've rebinded everything, I've set everything to default, hell, I even reinstalled the game about 3 times already. Oh and don't forget the thousands of times that I verified game cache. So please, help me on this. I miss having fun with other people on these servers.

P.S. = This only applies to US servers. EU servers are fine, HI server is fine, other servers are fine, hell even normal l4d2 is fine. It's only on MGFTW that I'm experiencing this on. (I've also removed all my add ons, still no fix. So please, help me out?) (to add, I always spawn in the ground, I can send screenshots if you want them)

----EDITED----
    if in case you need my Steam ID, here you go (to save time)
    STEAM_0:1:79879840

Many Thanks,
    -Waffles

2. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

A friend on my list has the exact same problem, re-installing from an old back up he made fixed it completely.
    And i see you've said you've re-installed already but his problem was exactly the same as yours, in every way, including being ONLY the us server.

So I know what I've said probably won't help much, but it's all I can think of.

3. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

You guys are in luck, I have had this problem a few times :D It comes down to the cfg file and your custom in-game spray. You can do two things.

1. Close L4D and steam. Navigate to <install folder>\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\cfg\config.cfg and edit out your spray and save. You will need to delete the whole spray command line.

OR

2. Completly clear your cfg file, boot up l4d, and rebind your keys.

Some custom sprays will not work with the server and you will have the issues you describe above if your cfg auto-loads a busted spray. I do not know why but I hope this helps.

4. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

You don't need to close steam to edit the config.cfg not sure about the game and the spray but if you just remove the line and enter "exec config" in console it should work too.