1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Character select and colored name suggestion

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Angel, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Angel

Angel MG Donor

I have 2 suggestions for the L4D2 servers ^_^
    1. Is it possible to make a character select for the survivors just like in L4D1? I would love to have the possibility to pick and play as Ellis =D
    2. I think all admins should have colored names in the game chat (not the same color as the donors, just a different one)

What do you guys think?

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: Character select and colored name suggestion

Well, I agree but I'm just too lazy to do anything about it right now :)

So if another root feels obligated to do so, be my guest ;)

For the colored admin name something more needs to be done I think, probably a plugin needs to be written.

3. Wolf O'Donnell

Wolf O'Donnell Senior Member

I like character selection (same reason + character as you haha) but I dunno about Coloured chat. It is a good idea but it might make admins more noticeable when you're trying to stay hidden. A lot of people don't read chat but different coloured chat stands out. You could not talk though that would make sence. Don't listen to me xD

4. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I think the colored adminchat has no extra value. People hardly even recognize the MG tagged people as admins.

5. Angel

Angel MG Donor

Yeah, number 2 was just a weird idea I had x) but it's nice to see that you agree with me on the first one =P and lol Wolf, you and me can be the Ellis team xD