1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Bots and !CSM

Discussion in 'Rules & Admin List' started by Sunburn, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn MG Donor

I noticed that sometimes if you change your character to whatever bot main there is, it'll change it so that you are a main instead of said bot. Is this against the rules or is it allowed?

2. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Seems that alot of people use !csm or !afk to take over a main's position and/or fork it over to the next guy. Kinda ruins the fun of it but then again with auto-scramble score doesn't matter too much.

3. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I don't care about score, I only care about [​IMG]

4. Justme

Justme Member

Haleluja

5. Edward Marlus

Edward Marlus Senior Member

Good fucking lord...Nobody from MG's posted on this yet and it's peeving the US VS Server...

EDIT : Andd ice gotz it.

6. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Well, now that I've actually got live feedback and pretty much witnessed it (or at least heard all the mic talking about it when it happened), here's my opinion:

It's an exploit that should be punishable, but it's hard to know if someone is doing it on purpose or not.
    This is a very delicate situation because we can't know for sure if it was intentional or not, and all players can do is votekick. For my own POV, it's not easy to take direct action unless the person actually admit to doing it...

Bringing up the discussion amongst admins to get more feedback.

Hope you guys understand... :)

7. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

It's hard for us to decide because they are donors and they are funding us...

I just think it would be easier to get rid of the mains system and give everyone points for reaching the saferoom.

8. Kamikaze901

Kamikaze901 Member

Well there have been plenty of times where I was a main starting the map and I end up crawling into the safe room near death. I look on the scoreboard and see that I'm no longer a main! Is this a bug or is someone ruining game scores on purpose?

9. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

It's a by-product of a game designed for four players being modded for more than 4. The random switches don't seem to have rhyme or reason (because if they were predictable you know ppl would exploit it), but the csm exploit seems to be a reviewable issue. Someone should submit a bug report:

http://mgftw.com/bugs/pointsreloaded/issues/new/bugreport

10. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

Could someone explain these "Main Thing" to me ?!?

11. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Here is your answer:

12. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

When you hold down the TAB key you will see the 4 survivors that are the "mains" The mains are the real points earners as the whole team gets points on how far they travel. It is important to protect the mains and for the mains to stay in the front. Getting 4 mains even close to the saferoom is better than getting 6 non-mains in the saferoom. If the mains die early the team will suffer badly. It is important for non-mains to stay in the middle to rear to assist others especially mains who are having a hard time.

13. The Real Youngblood

The Real Youngblood Game Server Moderator

Visit the Wiki....there are some good guides on how to play. It explains this in detail. Besides the person who created the one for Vicious Infected is a really, really, really good player. :)