1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Bot dissable vote

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by jarrick, Jul 1, 2013.

1. jarrick

jarrick Member

can we have a vote catagory on the PR VS server where you can vote to dissable all the bots - they could either die or just be incappacitaed so that on levels like Dead Centre finale, the survivors will be able to get the lift to work without the boring, tedious, soul destroying and no-fun-at-all slog of waiting for the idiot bots to be killed.
    there would be issues to think about regarding players who join the game before the lift has gone but they could just take over an incappacited bot and use their medikit to get up.

2. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Excellent point. That part is the worst :/ Maybe just make the bots teleport to the survivors faster instead of slaying them.. idk?

3. Ping

Ping Guest

Good idea, also what should be a change is the mains should be players only, most of the time there is 1 or more bots in there and they die early which is annoying

4. erik

erik MG Donor

I totally know the feeling though, ESPECIALLY in Dead Center Atrium finale... "Oh my God just get in the fucking elevator."

I get what you guys are saying... but this can't happen because, at any time, a new gamer could join. With all the bots voted dead, the new gamers would be more likely to just leave, or switch to infected, thus creating stacking / switching issues.

Bear in mind, also, the self revive plugin doesn't "like" incapped bots; joining into an incapped bot then trying to stand-up is unlikely to happen most times.

We're open to suggestions, though... perhaps a simple variable here or there could just be changed for finales; what they will or won't walk through (spit / smoke cloud,) etc...

5. Ping

Ping Guest

Should be so that just on Dead Center last map (which is the only one that has a major problem I think) bots will ignore the spit

and also

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Any other time I'd call this a case of a gamer being too picky or a bunch of people hating 1 map too much.

However, I've seen countless, numerous times that this 1 map empties-out the server just by being the active one in the rotation.

Just to re-iterate, I'm not sure how much or WHAT can be modified on a per-map basis like this. However, in the spirit of wanting to keep the servers full, I'm not gonna immediately say "no it can't happen."

However, just today, Sourcemod got bored by the Valve update... L4D2 plugins need to be re-done. We still have bugs on the "bug list" for PR-VS that need to be fixed. We still have our own rather large To-Do List, as well.

My point is that if this gets looked-into, it will be VERY low on the list. If it happens at all, it won't be anytime soon.

7. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Just to hear that it may be looked into is more than enough. Thank you.