1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Being kicked for vocal spam

Discussion in 'Rules & Admin List' started by EdwardMarlus, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdwardMarlus

EdwardMarlus Junior Member

Thread title.

So I got kicked for vocal spamming. I apparently didn't notice that Mute had put out warnings against this earlier, and by the time I finally saw one such warning I was simply kicked away by Raz with no warning whatsoever.

Look boys, let's get this straight. The admins are in the right on this one, I'm just a bit raw that I was kicked with what I felt was no warning according to the information that I received at the time and that I would have had to wait IDK how long just to get back in (Server was full). I'm not sure what else to say on the matter but this still felt pretty bad. I expect to be treated the way I treat others is all I ask for, I don't give a shit about having a high level tank or not or anything silly. I come to this place to chill and have fun and for something like this to happen to me makes me feel a little upset mates.

2. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Straight from the rules:
    • Vocalize-Command-Spamming.
    This is a minor spam but severe enough to be classed as major. Vocalizing enough so that players or admins get annoyed or bothered by it will grant you a kick and a temp ban with or without warning.

You spammed several in under 2 seconds, and I've a screenshot to prove it, and it's not our fault you didn't notice Mute's warning, but he did warn so you earned the kick.

Hopefully this answers your complaint.
    -raz

3. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Unrelated to your issue Ed, but to add to this, voice/mic spam will you get a swift ban. If you are spamming the mic it affects everyone, especially the ones who use headphones and have to hear people being annoying. That is one of the worst offenses for me since it can literally hurt someones ears if they are loud enough. That is about the closest you can get to physically hurting someone over the web lol

4. EdwardMarlus

EdwardMarlus Junior Member

Meh. That last warning I saw and I was going to stop then and there then two seconds later I got kicked.

5. Chach

Chach MG Donor

Hmm considering the XP notification,i believe it is not Ed's fault if he didn't see the warning in chat.
    In fact,the chat gets spammed by XP notifications commonly killing by many common infected.
    Due to this,Chat communitication is pretty unable sometimes.Blame Valve for lack of game mechanics or Raz for not giving him 2 serious warning
    (one command that lets you type on screen instead of the chat.)I know about this and always gives 3 warnings before kicking them in the community i be in.

6. SanAtlas

SanAtlas Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Welp i recomming edward to disable XP notification, i would disable it too, let's just say, if i would become an admin like raz i have to see who's spamming vocals and some stuffs, (it is not meaning i will become an admin) so, i don't think so it's gonna happen.

7. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The XP notification is an invalid point, the first warning I gave was within a saferoom, at the start of a map. We can't tell if a person misses the warning or chooses to just ignore it. Vocal spam has become such a nuisance nowadays that I can hardly blame raz for the kick, and to be honest, to spam it that much, you must have known what you were doing.

8. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

It's entirely his fault. Period.
    As Mute said above, first was in a safe room, where XP notifications don't even appear, and as he also pointed out, we can't see if people see warnings or not, which is not our fault.

What YOU do in other communities is NOTHING to do with what goes on here, I quite clearly posted OUR rules and yet you still try to point the blame at me.

The drama being created from this is laughable, it was a kick, no ban, nothing else. Reconnected about 2 mins later, take it on the chin and learn.

Now I'm going to close this thread to end the drama on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.