1. Click here to join our community discord server.

banned without warning for 5d, good karma...

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by moska, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moska

moska Junior Member

i was playing today and i got banned by console without a warning or reason for 5 days.

It wasn't a Karma ban or nothing similar, i had 2k karma (max).

I was playing as the detective finding out who killed who after a huge gunfight with many casualties, using the detective skills. Turns out other humans tked and i killed them thinking they were the infected. same as the other humans who tked before me... i dont think they got banned...

I've played in MG servers for many many years (u guys know me) and never had a problem like this. If the person that banned me reads this i wish to be given a reason for that ban which imo borders on abuse...

don't worry about lifting it as i dont think ill ever play there again

ty thats all
    gg

2. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, odd. According to source bans, it says the reason for ban is: Hidden Infected Low Karma

As you mentioned, you had maximum karma, but you also killed your team mates. Now, as far as I know, I heard from people that if they killed a team mate, they lose like 205 karma, but if they end up killing a 2nd team mate during the round, the 2nd loss is much greater than 205.

It's possible that with too many TKs during a round, you lost all that karma.

Nobody banned you. The server did. o:

3. tank

tank MG Donor

Yea Hidden inf server you play on own risk :) , the reason i stopped to play that server to is i dont wanna get banned from other my favorite servers on MGFTW :). Marvel told one time at when they fix hlstats for Hi server people will be banned only from that server so till they fix that suggest to be carefull when u join that server :)
    And dont worry u are not only one, we had already one root and one admin banned for 5 days :)

4. moska

moska Junior Member

to clarify; i killed only 2 people by accident. i scanned dna and the green bar pointed at them.

it was the end of the round, much of the other players were already dead. i had 2k karma at the start of the round, so someone should probably check the logs as i was banned. even if i lost 1.2k karma i shouldn't have been banned.

it sucks that it bans you from all other mg servers, including PR and VS if i had known i would have never played there.

5. tank

tank MG Donor

Try PM on forum Honor or Erik maybe they can help you.

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Jost was there at the time. Honestly, I back the admins' judgement on these things (if I'm not there, I mean,) 100%.

Yeah moska, I know who you are dude. :) You have, indeed, gamed here for a long time and I've never personally seen a single issue from you before. You're always competitive, but help your team, and you don't mess w/ the rules and are respectful to others.

Either way, Jost observed that your protest is totally reasonable and asked your ban be reversed. You're welcome to play, enjoy the game. Thanks,

7. erik

erik MG Donor

As for the karma-related thing, I need to figure out a few things by asking you on Steam. Accept my add and we'll sort out that part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.