1. Sickening Tank Scenario returns! More info here.

Are the following buffs mentioned either useless or underused? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by timkit, Sep 29, 2018.

?

Are any of the below buffs mentioned seen as useless or underused?

1. Yes, ALL of these buffs are either useless or underused.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, Most of these buffs are either useless or underused.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, Some of these buffs are either useless or underused.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I don't think any of these buffs are either useless or underused.

100.0%
  5. Don't Know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. My Response is in the post below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey'll, was in a chat with Shark, aka thy from Dominions Dogma on steam...

Here is the following chat between us for those that are interested:
    [11:42 AM]
    Shark [Ω]:
    some buffs are completely useless like Bomb Tank Protection,Car Explosion Resistance,On fire,Intense Fire,Excitement,Ninja,Deadeye,Against the Odds,Vital SpiritAgitated Rescue,Immolation,Motivator,Emetic Agent,Grenade Trap,Hidden magnum,Seeking Grenade,Dense Vomit Cloud,Enchanced Pills,Death bait,Witch Peacemaker,Heavy Gunner,Protector,Boxing Bag,Sideloader,Pain Stimulant,Steadfast aim (wasted buff slot),Field MedicPeanut Blessing,Survival Payment,etc............
    u can give mute an idea
    Supreme Infernal Tank can drop Basic Binder
    maybe ?

[11:42 AM]
    timkit [™۞]:
    I hate to say it, but I have to disagree for a few of them.
    especially since I use the hidden magnum buff on VS
    vital spirit is another one
    field medic buff is a bit useful inside scenarios when doing support, but I haven't seen much people use it
    mainly for prison and special cargo scenarios though
    peanut blessing is actually useful when you can heal, then activate bird whistle buff against a lot of special infected for a massive bounty gain

[11:44 AM]
    Shark [Ω]:
    peanut blessing wasted a slot ;v

[11:45 AM]
    timkit [™۞]:
    I can agree with Bomb Tank Protection, Car Explosion Resistance, Intense Fire, Excitement, Ninja, Deadeye, Against the Odds, Agitated Rescue, Motivator, Emetic Agent, Death bait, Witch Peacemaker, Heavy Gunner, Protector, Boxing Bag, Sideloader, Pain stimulant and Steadfast aim
    Survival Payment, is actually useful inside scenarios when you need bounty

[11:46 AM]
    Shark [Ω]:
    but still wasted buff slot
    not much
    not many people use it *

timkit [™۞]:
    hmmm alright, I'll talk to mute about all of the above buffs you suggested.
    not a bad idea though

Shark [Ω]:
    give SIT a new unique item :v
    Basic binder, lol

timkit [™۞]:
    well, he doesn't have one yet, so sure :)

The following buffs are seen to either be useless or very well underused:
    On Fire, Ninja, Excitement, Intense Fire, Deadeye, Car Explosion Resistance, Bomb Tank Protection, Against the odds, Vital Spirit, Agitated Rescue, Immolation, Motivator, Emetic Agent, Hidden Magnum, Grenade Trap, Seeking Grenade, Dense Vomit Cloud, Enhanced Pills, Death Bait, Witch Peacemaker, Heavy Gunner, Field Medic, Sideloader, Steadfast Aim, Pain Stimulant, Survival Payment

Leave your thoughts below!

2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

Just because one or two people find a buff useless doesn't mean they are gonna be axed. A large handful of buffs you've mentioned are a part of a large number of buff lists, so just because you don't use them doesn't mean no-one does.

There are two other factors in play that you aren't getting, first of all, not every player is Level 250, and as a result not every buff is available to them. Some of these buffs are available at lower levels and then when the player has grown stronger are replaced with stronger ones - that is the point of these buffs. Secondly, some of these buffs mentioned have access to Buff Enhancements which can boost their usefulness as well, in some cases dramatically.

Also calling Immolation useless almost made me spit out my tea.

raz likes this.
  3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Thanks for the reply mute.

There are handful number of buffs that I do use in there myself (especially a few of the buffs for VS), plus... the lower levels more so will use the buffs that they will be able to find useful to them at their current level. You do make a good point on the replacement of some buffs as well.

Let this post be an embarrassment to myself for not thinking it through properly... I do understand now that there are other factors out there when it comes to buffs.

4. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

You needn't be embarrassed, a lot of people don't seem to quite get the point of early-tier buffs. One of main reasons behind the buff enhancement concept was to allow some of these early game buffs to have some sort of benefit for higher level players. Granted, not all of them have them, and not all of them will be greatly useful for high level players, but like most things with buffs it's a choice for the player.

5. Pacman

Pacman New Member

I'm agree with you mute..fyi im lv 250 still use that buffs.. not all buffs are useless and certain buffs vry useful in scenario..

To Shark:

Cmmon bro.. immolation usless?that vry nice buff..you really make me pissed off lol..