1. Click here to join our community discord server.

admin stuff and thangs

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by TaLi, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaLi

TaLi Guest

past 2 days the same admin (awesomist i guess) been coming into games, killing everyone with special tanks (this happened in 4 games i was in, 3 games the whole team was killed by this in the finale and only one person or so escaped) and then leaving

i dont mind that, some people think it's fun, and i can always use the !volume option to mute the same track he uses over and over

however
    if this admin spawns 20+ witches at the front of the safe room and makes it so people's reps are being messed with, that just aint cool

also would be nice if said admin would check the lvl of players before spawning tanks the team can't handle and just come and ruin an hour long game by having everyone killed (even though he was told by a few players that this is a low lvl team, he still spawned the tanks and got us all killed)
    and btw slaying himself and not actually playing.. i mean really. low lvls dont know this and they waste defibs on this and keep coming back to rescue. so.

events are fun and all but at least try to keep it playable
    thanks

2. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

Noted. He comes and play every now and then, probably not updated on the latest changes especially with !rep function.

Erik, your department :)

i wish i was there.. need the rewards badly!!!!!!

3. erik

erik MG Donor

Thanks, LB. Yeah, events are meant to be challenging, but fun and fair. Witches should not be spawned in a way that makes it an inevitable reputation-gouging. Ideally, admins conducting events aren't supposed to control the outcome of the game. We will be more mindful of the spawning going forward. Thank you,

4. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

The witches didn't block progress. Everyone could have went around them without even having to engage any of them in a fight. Players chose to snipe them from a distance and the chaos ensued.

5. Penguin

Penguin Guest

when i saw him in game yesterday he popped in and said that he was bored so he was going to do something.

Before he spawned the tanks though he did do one of them poll things and they do usually come up like 60%+ positive for tanks.

However then when like 4 tanks (paranoia + drainer mixed) come on the map it makes it near impossible to kill them all with the people in there, Especially on maps that are close quarters.

another thing i noticed was he spawned in 10 hunters and 10 other SI. these may be easy enough to deal with as higher levels but when the game is filled with lower levels it puts them at a disadvantage in some cases.

i did notice that he was slaying himself to do things and i feel it would of been more beneficial to just go *SPEC* as defibs would not be wasted and more people can join in then.

I may of just repeated some things from the first post, but i just thought i say my opinions and what i have seen from him in games

6. ChooChoo

I would love to go spec, but for some reason... /spec doesn't work, and typing 'spectate' into console, also doesn't work. I have no idea how to even get into spectate on pr-coop.

As for tanks, people ask for a few, and I give a few. It's the server that does complete random chance of whether or not the tanks mutate into paranoia, or drainer, or metal, etc. ( Blame the server, not me. :U It's not like I wanted them to be drainers. )

7. erik

erik MG Donor

/sm_forcespectate

8. ChooChoo

Oh. O:

9. Jack

Jack MG Donor

idk what the big deal is, i had fun last night when awesomeist did the events with the witches, even if my rep went down. OH WELL! ill re-build it for next friday :)

10. TaLi

TaLi Guest

well 2 drainers and a para on a 50% low lvl team is a bit much
    ofc they gonna vote yes, they dont know whats coming at them...
    also this many tanks makes for lag, and btw 3 out of 4 games my game crashed. so.
    btw jack gaining bad rep is very fast and earning good rep takes more time. also having bad rep means u cant use !buy menu, if i'm not mistaking

11. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Is this true?
    This is something i did not know.

12. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

Yes, !buy doesn't work for people with terrible rep.

13. erik

erik MG Donor

click on my profile and "view blog entries."

i copied and pasted honorcode's rep 101.

14. ChooChoo

As I stated in game before, and I know I made it clear that when I spawn a tank for you guys, I have no control over what the server is choosing to do with it. D:

It was just bad luck that the server decided to pick drainers and paranoias.

15. TaLi

TaLi Guest

then i would advice to spawn one, see what it becomes and then spwan the next

16. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i was in a game earlier and there was 2 level 200+ and the rest were below 100 and in total there was 7 of us in the game.

it was not this admin but we were killing paranoia tanks one at a time with ease. i feel like we could of dealt with 2. when everyone puts there mind to killing them its quiet easy actually.

just thought i would add this one in here

17. erik

erik MG Donor

Ok, time to close this up... We'll censor our spawning habits and be mindful of the gamers and the team capability. If you get the privilege of playing in an admin event, please be sure to thank them. Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.