1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

About Witch Control, It is Usable.

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by ?z???[??L], Jun 4, 2014.

1. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

The witch control is usable as i saw on DLR. it is not an old mod, it can be used. It doesn't crashes servers. Check DLR for the proof you can move the witch, attack as the witch. And many more included in my previous post.

2. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

And the witch control can be great in a strategical way.

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Looks quite buggy to me.. Most likely original or slightly edited version of [L4D2] Witch Control plugin which is known for crashing insane amount of times and it's not even supported by the original dev anymore :P

Also, i watched a video about the the plugin in the server you told, and it appears that you can only take over the witch when you are in ghost mode and when you're not startled yet.

As soon as you encounter survivors, the AI takes over the movements and target selection which makes you a spectator in third person camera mode, and 5 seconds later you return to ghostmode as a fresh spawn and you can see the witch you controlled far away.

Only valuable feature in this plugin would be the ability to take over wandering witches and put them into more stradegical locations and then spawn as SI again. Personally i love the idea of controlling witch, but if the plugin is unstable, it's not really nice idea to support it.

Then again we could request HC to code something similar like this if he has free time for such project.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

If memory serves, we tried this once already, but like Stefeman said, the crashes were what made it an impossible option.