A few things I thought of while playing

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by Pinuts, Nov 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Pinuts

Pinuts New Member

As the title says, had more but couldn't remember.

1. Scenario join requirements
    • Join as per normal, but on the last slot, if the other 3 cannot host any scenarios, only people who can host may enter. (1 slot reserved for host)
    2. Joining an active scenario
    • Allow others to join scenario within the first 5 or "x" minutes in the event that there are people who quit/ don't have map, etc, which causes the player slots not to be full (for scenarios that the main tanks wont spawn within "x" minutes).
    3. Sticky bomb on bomb tanks!!!
    • A few months?? ago there was someone in coop using sticky bomb on bomb tanks. Doesn't sound that bad, does it. Not if that guy purposely sets the bomb when bomb tank has 31-35 seconds remaining, causing the sticky bomb to detonate and stun survivors just right before he explodes.
    • Please disable sticky bomb for bomb tank.
    4. Shooting (S)Glutton Tanks when there are survivors inside
    • It is known that shooting a glutton tank when then are survivors inside would kill the survivor faster. So in a way, shooting the tank with survivor(s) in it can be considered "friendly fire". So just like throwing Molotov at your own teammates, I feel that there should be a rep penalty (maybe at least after shooting 1+ mags without shoving).
    5. Tempest's tornadoes
    • Happened to me once, while I had quite a lot of hp remaining, when I was accidentally sucked into the tornado and somehow "hold on to ledge" while the tornado just rips my "hanging hp" apart. (Can refer to previous posts, something like hanging decreases life expectancy). Would be great if a survivor would be immune to grabbing ledges while inside a tornado.
    6. Slaying Automata
    • I know that it was just that the turret count was increased to 4. During BH, and probably all other scenarios from now on (so many people have it now), I seen many people taking over another's turret when it just becomes inactive and slowly progressed into a "silent turret capture war". It would be nice if the turret limit is removed, or at least greatly increased, with penalty for turret's fire rate and/or damage for number of turrets > 4.
    • Example:
    1. 1-4 turrets in game, no change.
    2. 5 turrets, -15% damage for all turrets
    3. 6 turrets, -15% damage and -15% fire rate for all turrets
    4. 7 turrets, -30% damage and -15% fire rate for all turrets
    5. 8 turrets, -30% damage and -30% fire rate for all turrets
    At 8 turrets,
    CI killing efficiency = Approx 140% of 4 turrets
    (-30% fire rate, 70% shooting speed [0.7] x double number of turrets[2])
    True damage efficiency = Approx 98% of 4 turrets (70% damage [0.7] x 70% fire rate [0.7] x double number of turrets[2])​
    • And maybe remove the 30 sec inactive disable, at least for finale maps and scenarios?

Gonzalo likes this.
  2. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Junior Member

I think increased sentries would cause the server to lag more and they changed it so that the sentry no longer goes inactive if the owner is near it.

3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Alright... here's my 2 cents.

1. Not sure if its a good idea to restrict it so there has to be 1 person who can host in scenario server there with 4 players.

2. Hmmm no. If its just for the players who don't have the map, usually they'll go download it and they will be able to join back after their required map has been downloaded. Rarely I've seen people quit within scenario and usually some scenarios can be cleared with less players.

3. It depends on the player who wants to set Sticky Bombs. As for a smart player, I'm sure they would save it for a tier 2/tier 3 or special tier tank. To be honest though, ...no to your idea, I think its fine if someone wants to blow up bomb tank for a bit of a laugh.

4. I don't think this is a good idea as it could defeat the purpose of shooting at the Glutton Tank to deal damage to it. I mean people will still shoot at it, especially if the tank's HP is low. If it's Supreme Glutton Tank though then it's much more likely that you can see people shoving it to get any eaten survivors out before shooting at it.

5. hmmm, not a bad idea. Still I think its funny if someone happens to grab a ledge while being whirled around by a tornado xD

6. Not yet. It would have to be tested first if the additional turrets would cause server lag. Also its 20 seconds for the turrets to go inactive (which won't happen if the owner is near it within 300 units (similar to what gonzalo said))

4. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

1. Wouldn't really work very well, server needs to take time to see who can host a scenario, and what would end up happening is someone would join, then in about 30 seconds they'd get kicked, then someone else random who may/may not be able to host would join, and again would take time for the system to notice.

2. For the most part if people don't have the map they usually ask in global or in the discord and are usually back in a few minutes, not sure it's wholly necessary.

3. I don't really want to add limits to this buff, it's meant to be a risky one given it's nature. There's also the fact that the buff itself gives of giant red circles when it's about to blow, so you should have more than enough warning to avoid it. If someone wants to waste it on a Bomb tank, its on them.

4. Again, not sure it's a good idea, since there can be valid reasons to shoot it (e.g. to burst it down when it's low HP). On a side note, the people inside only get hurt if the Tank is shot in the stomach, if you shoot near its head, or its arms, the people inside are safe.

5. I'll see if it's doable.

6. The limit (as mentioned in the recent changelog) is tied to system performance. The turrets are extremely heavy on server load as they scan through every available entity to search for a valid target, as well as performing various line of sight checks on them. Having so many of them would cause the server to screech to a halt. The timeout is to prevent the turrets from pointlessly taking server load if there's nothing near them for a while, or if the turret was abandoned.

5. Pinuts

Pinuts New Member

Just my personal opinion. (Ignore this post if you are going to get triggered)

2. Map required for a particular scenario is stated in scenario lobby, if you don't have the map, you should leave and install it. Give your slot to a player who actually is ready, putting it in harsher words, you do not have the requirements to join this scenario. (Ultra-personal-opinion>>>) Just because you snipe and click join game earlier/ game happens to communicate with server faster for a slot [lower ping to EU], you shouldn't automatically have rights to reserve a slot for yourself, especially if you're not even qualified/ have not met the requirements.
    Yes, I know some people crash or dc at start, but that applies to co-op server too (People crash/ dc during events like mercy rooftop tank spawns, yet others takes over).
    • Its kind of difficult for me to put it in words. Like sure if you're fighting the final boss, or even close to him, you would have the "right" to have your slot in the scenario as you have the "contribution" (taken part to clear the previous rounds.)
    • However, if its at the start and the only "contribution" to your slot is just your slightly faster Join Game button/ console command, the slot should be given to others, as you don't really have a reason to keep your slot, other than "I managed to get in first".
    • Thinking in reverse, why can't players who did not manage to get in before it is full/ starts join the game? Is it because they have slower Join buttons? Higher ping? IMHO, they are "more ready" compared to the ones who lost their slot and deserve to have their chance at the slot which was lost, provided the scenario has not progressed to the point of having high impact on the chances of success.

3. "buff itself gives of giant red circles when it's about to blow, so you should have more than enough warning to avoid it."
    I have been in the situation where I can't even run. Bomb tanks do not exclusively spawn in easy mode. At expert, you will be surrounded by spit, CI, and SI. Yeah, dashing doesn't always work, especially with the horde on your back, but at least without the stun, i might have an extra 5 sec window to use a med kit. Like how the bomb cannot be set on tanks below 100,000 hp(i think?), maybe it could be made to be unable to set on timers below 50 sec.

"If someone wants to waste it on a Bomb tank, its on them."
    Using it on him for damage is one thing. I frequently unleash all my load on the bomb tank during coop just for fun or as a personal DPS test. (TBH, its really nice when you break your personal record and deal like 150k+ damage before he explodes) However, abusing it to purposely kill team mates is another. Unless you're able to say that even without 5 sec stun time, I would not be able to escape perm death. I may be able to use my dash to escape the sticky blast, but that does not guarantee I would be able to outrun the tank for the remaining 5 seconds without getting blocked, especially in Expert mode or smaller areas indoors. (I might be able to escape the actual explosion with dash instead, once you're stunned, you're a goner.)
    • ***That is if the "victim" even has mobility master equipped, or even a "new or newer" player getting into his blast radius, getting stunned together with the intended victim.
    • As stated above, I would usually get the aggro of the bomb tank, and he pretty much runs as fast as me. With CI/SI around, it may be difficult to outrun him, unless using dash. Not to even mention, his blast radius is HUGE. I got blasted to bits in cleanse before while tank was in another level.
    As I said these are just what I observed during play. You may think I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but I still strongly feel these could be considered as "abuse". Its fine not to fix these issues (not sarcasm). I fully understand its not that BIG of an issue. That @#!%@# probably didn't put sticky on all bombs he sees, or it would have been a problem by now, and new scenario maps do not come frequently.

Edited a bunch, even I feel its too much to read through, sorry for any errors.