|MG| Tank Battle Arena v1.0
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?k3fwa4nh3qayv6w (14 mb)
New version change notes:
- Build times on fortifications are now their correct times. If it says 15 seconds to build, it will take 15 seconds.
- Slow motion button added. This is available as soon as you spawn, but be careful of when you use it. When activated, the screen will change color and music will play during the slow motion (goes back to normal when it stops). It will last about 10-15 seconds and resets after about 3-4 mins!
- No Special Infected will spawn, this is on purpose. You will be fighting waves of hordes and tank spawns will be at random intervals.
- The tanks are spawned randomly, but it is possible to end up with 3-4 tanks on the map at once along with hordes of commons.
- Bots won't build or research, in fact they will do nothing except shoot commons and tanks... and die LOTS!
- When this map goes on to the mgftw.com servers, the !buy menu will be turned off just like in Helms Deep.
- There are 8 medkits and 8 defibrillators in the start area. That is 1 each when you spawn, so you have no reason to derp around in the start area thinking it's safe, because it's NOT safe at all. The game starts as soon as everyone spawns, but the first wave of commons may not be until around 2 mins. This gives everyone time to connect, get their bearings, explore, build and generally get ready for the map to actually start.
Addons included inside this map. If you have any of these in a separate VPK, please delete them.
- CrazyRabbits Tactical Flashlight Mod (cr_tactical_flashlight.vpk)
- MG Survivor skins for L4D/L4D2 characters (mg_survivors.vpk)
- MG skinned toaster model (mg_toaster.vpk)
Future plans for the map:
- Add epic fight music
- Add a finale so the map actually finishes!
- Incorporate commands that might influence when a Paranoia, Knight or Shaman spawns.
- Add a command to call in a helicopter or maybe an airstrike
Results 1 to 10 of 38
09-09-2012 10:42 AM #1
|MG| Tank Battle Arena [download]
Last edited by CrazyRabbit; 09-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 5 Thanks, 10 Likes, 2 Agree, 0 Disagree, 0 Dislike
09-09-2012 12:06 PM #2
09-09-2012 12:35 PM #3
09-09-2012 02:53 PM #4
09-09-2012 04:32 PM #5
09-09-2012 07:58 PM #6
They spawn special tanks: Shaman, Knight or Supreme's?The future is fusion! - AMD Work team.
09-09-2012 08:57 PM #7
09-09-2012 09:13 PM #8
good job !
troll mod : if you want i can be a special tank spawn for a hard mod
09-10-2012 02:47 AM #9
Thanks Zombie, I used a cheat in a local server called host_timescale and set it to 0.1, that creates a very slow motion effect. It gives me the chance to take some epic screenshots of full action events like the one in the poster. It's very epic using this cheat with a M60 and hordes of infected running at you, when you shoot them at 0.1 speed, they explode piece by piece in slow mo and you see every bit of them blow apart. I'm adding that effect to my map, so when the time comes you can also experience these slow mo events.
Roland, I think it will be hard enough that we won't even need a human controlling the tanks. You will get Paranoia Tanks on the first spawn, even with only 3 people on the server.
Luke, Metallica and I tested this out the other night and it was pretty insane. When you think you have a handle on the first tank, another two tanks will creep up behind you and knock you all out in a matter of seconds. Most of the tank spawns we got were Paranoia's but I think we had a Knight spawn at one stage.. and this is within the first 5 minutes.
Bot's are essentially useless because they are both level 1 and only get a pistol or dual pistols to start. I think once we get a full server, this will be one of the most played maps on the servers.
I'm already planning a new map which is full of witches with an ending unlike anything you've ever seen!
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 1 Agree, 0 Disagree, 0 Dislike
09-10-2012 06:09 PM #10
You should put this on l4dmaps. It'd be good publicity for an awesome map on a great mod only my opinion, of course.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 2 Agree, 0 Disagree, 0 Dislike