1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Balancing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by Kirisu ღ, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Kirisu ღ

Kirisu ღ MG Donor

Opinions on the update (regarding the Specials)

- Spitter is literally the scariest among anyone after the update, despite nerfing the god frames of the spitter (and smoker) has, the spit will really ruin your movement. A nerf on its slow perhaps might be needed

- Hunter's Phantom Ability needs a limited people to get pounced with too, not everyone close in range [maybe lesser range for the phantom, or limited people]

- Charger's punch needs a drawback on the knockback, other than that, its completely balance. [Additional buff on charger: An AOE that stuns a certain range when it punches (one-time)]

- Boomer needs a slight nerf on its slap, from normal to uber (just a little bit) Vomit gas cloud needs a nerf on the shake, might be another reason why its hard to move, parameters can be changed somehow to lessen shake, or reduce the duration of the cloud)

- Jockey pretty much balance, only the high jump needs a nerf somehow (maybe a slight cooldown? like there must be a mix of normal jump and high jump when pounced)

Suggestion? What could be added somehow as a buff/skill/upgrade:

- Skill for reduced spit slow (or buffs) [skill works in coop, so it may best be only there]
    Edit: I know Slow Resistance is there, just need a quick additional resistance over-all as to not be completely paralyzed by spit

- Upgrade on Knockback resistance

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The slows can get a little much, as well as the damage, slightly lowered both.

I think the Phantom Hunters are fine, since they only last 10 seconds and do 50% damage they're more an inconvenience than raw damage.

The knockback punch does already have a drawback, a charger with it has -45% attack speed.

I think the slaps are fine as is, Uber Boomers are meant to be feared, but I agree with the vomit cloud, they were refiring a bit too often and applied too strong of a slow. I increased the refire time from 0.25 to 0.5 seconds and halved the slow strength.

The jump height and delay are all random. It might sometimes high jump, sometimes not.

I don't think an upgrade is necessary right now, since as you mentioned, the buff has a rather dramatic effect as is, and combined with the aforementioned slow reductions, it might be ok. One change I've made is that the Anti-Gloo clan benefit now works on all slows not just from Spitters.

Kirisu ღ likes this.
  3. Kirisu ღ

Kirisu ღ MG Donor

Again, thanks for giving thoughts on this one.

Uber Boomer's vomit cloud is so freaking scary, so thanks for nerfing it somehow ><